#BuyComcsByWomen experiment continues. For a year I'm only buying comics with at least one female writer or artist.
- Princeless Raven Pirate Princess #1 Writer: Jeremy Whitley Art: Rosy Higgins Cover: Rosy Higgins -- I'm jumping on the Princeless bandwagon late, I know, but I'm excited to check this out.
- Archie #1 Writer: Mark Waid Art: Fiona Staples Cover: Fiona Staples -- Mostly picking this one up for the cognitive dissonance of looking at Staples' Saga art and her Archie art.
- Constantine The Hellblazer #2 Writer: Ming Doyle Art: Riley Rossmo Cover: Riley Rossmo -- I don't think I'll ever be a fan of non-Vertigo John Constantine, but I'll probably always be a fan of Ming Doyle, so I'm going to keep reading this for a bit.
- Section 8 #2 Writer: Garth Ennis Art: John McCrea Cover: Amanda Conner -- I haven't read an Ennis book that I liked in ages (ok, Caliban was pretty great), but this is a pure nostalgia buy for me, I'll cop to that. Hitman was just really fun for a time in my life, and I like seeing Ennis fuck around in the DC playground, and I'm digging Conner's covers.
- Swords Of Sorrow #3 Writer: Gail Simone Art: Sergio Fernandez Davila Cover: Tula Lotay -- This stuff is just plain fun, and who resists Tula Lotay covers?
- Injection #3 Writer: Warren Ellis Art: Declan Shalvey Cover: Declan Shalvey Colorist: Jordie Bellaire -- I'm liking this more than any Ellis stuff in a while, and I'm grateful for Bellaire, who seems to be coloring every other comic I'm buying these days.
- Saga #30 Writer: Brian K. Vaughan Art: Fiona Staples Cover: Fiona Staples -- I have a secret: I'm not reading this book. I'm getting them and saving them for a time when I am not finding any comics I'm liking, because I know I'll love these.
- Shutter #13 Writer: Joe Keatinge Art: Leila Del Duca Cover: Leila Del Duca -- Del Duca has become a must-buy artist for me, and this story is a really nice mix of real-world feelings in a crazy world.
- God Is Dead #38 Writer: Mike Costa Art: Emiliano Urdinola Cover: Jacen Burrows -- Still bummed that one of my favorite nutso comics is off the buy pile for lack of women creators.
- Providence #2 Writer: Alan Moore Art: Jacen Burrows Cover: Jacen Burrows -- I suspect I'll cheat and pick this up as a trade next year. I have a hard time resisting Lovecraftian storytelling.
- Abe Sapien #24 Writer: Mike Mignola Art: Sebastian Fiumara Cover: Max Fiumara -- There has never been a female creator in any of the Mignolaverse. Ever. Still.
- Harrow County #3 Writer: Cullen Bunn Art: Tyler Crook Cover: Tyler Crook -- I dig all the folks working on this book, and the reviews are solid. Missing out for sure.
- Negative Space #1 Writer: Ryan Lindsay Art: Owen Gieni Cover: Owen Gieni -- The writeup for this seem really interesting. Maybe there will be some women working on it later...
- Black Science #16 -- Definitely missing out on this crazy sci-fi. Writer: Rick Remender Art: Matteo Scalera Cover: Matteo Scalera
- Descender #5 -- I'm sure Lemire and Nguyen are crafting some great work here--I know I'm missing out. Writer: Jeff Lemire Art: Dustin Nguyen Cover: Dustin Nguyen
- Star Wars Lando #1 -- There are 11 creators listed on this book, with all the variant covers. Not one is a woman. Writer: Charles Soule Art: Alex Maleev