"The women of Bikini Kill let guitarist Billy Karren be in their feminist punk band, but only if he's willing to just "do some shit." Being a feminist dude is like that. We may ask you to "do some shit" for the band, but you don't get to be Kathleen Hannah."--@heatherurehere


Friday, February 16, 2007

Boondocks Redeems Itself

At the Risk of this turning into the Feminist Groupblog Through Comic Strips Blog, I think it's important to point out that, for all my bitching about grandpa shaming Riley, at least Huey eventually ends up talking some sense (click to enlarge):

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wouldn't mind more comic strip analysis. I'm loving the last few posts!

Jeff Pollet said...

oh djiril, don't encourage me! Ok, encourage me.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a specialty. Better than getting known for Tom Jones, eh?

Orion said...

I wouldn't mind seeing more of this stuff. It's not like we're running the risk of inundating readers with excessive posts.

BTW, no comments on my Romeo and Juliet stuff? I'm working on part three now, but would appreciate some feedback...