"The women of Bikini Kill let guitarist Billy Karren be in their feminist punk band, but only if he's willing to just "do some shit." Being a feminist dude is like that. We may ask you to "do some shit" for the band, but you don't get to be Kathleen Hannah."--@heatherurehere


Friday, November 12, 2010

The Straight Guy Box

Thinking a lot about the lack of positive male sexualities, especially for straight-identified men, in part because of a recent post by Hugo.And then, I run into this funny-yet-poignant piece from Dan Savage (who I often agree with and who is often wrong) that sums up a lot of what I've been pondering:

2 comments:

Scuba Nurse said...

oh my god, that is FANTASTIC!
I have an unfinished post on this topic and he has hit the nail on the head.
SO true!
thanks for posting this.

Jeff Pollet said...

@Scuba Nurse: Sorry it took so long to get your comment out of moderation! I was on vacation this week and not checking email enough.