Still running an experiment of only buying comics that have at least one woman as writer or artist. This week is particularly interesting, as there are so many books I really love/want to read on my "nope" pile, yet plenty of interesting books to buy on the "yep" pile:
- Secret Six #2 (Gail Simone and Dale Eaglesham): I'm not a big Secret Six fan, but I'll buy most of what Simone writes because it's almost always at least a lot of fun.
- Blackcross #6: Thank goodness for the Tula Lotay variant cover, or this would be on the "nope" pile.
- Swords Of Sorrow Dejah Thoris Irene Adler #1: I'm picking up most of the SoS books, just because they're fun! Writer: Leah Moore Art: Francisco Manna
- Star Trek Ongoing #46: I'm a fan of this series (more than of the movies), and here's hoping they keep Rachael Stott on for a bit so I can buy it! (Mike Johnson and Rachael Stott)
- Revival #30: Grateful for the Jenny Frison cover, because I dig this book. Writer: Tim Seeley Art: Mike Norton Cover: Jenny Frison
- Ms Marvel #16: This is definitely my fave superhero book at the moment. Writer: C. Willow Wilson Art: Adrian Alphona Cover: Kris Anka
- Runaways #1 I can't believe I didn't hear about this one until today. Recently finished Noelle Stevenson's "Nimona" book, and it's so very good. Can't wait for her take on the Runaways. Art: Sanford Greene Cover: Phil Noto
- Black Canary #1: I'm not a big fan of the character, but maybe that will change after Brendan Fletcher and Annie Wu do her justice?
- The Kitchen #8: Sorry to see this series end, but with a cover by Becky Cloonan and drawn by Ming Doyle, it's a must-buy.
- Update: I missed Jordie Bellaire as colorist and cover! Surface #3 Writer: Ales Kot Art: Langdon Foss Cover: Langdon Foss Colorist:Jordie Bellaire
- Update: I am an idiot and left of Vaughn: Alex + Ada #15 (Jonathan Luna, Sarah Vaughn, writer)
- Update: Variant cover by Tula Lotay! The Fiction 001 (Curt Pires and David Rubin): This looks like it'd be funky and fun, so I feel like I'm missing out.
- Mad Max: Fury Road: Furiosa #1: Eight people working on this book as writers or artists--all men.
- B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #132: The Mignolaverse continues it's run of never having had a woman writer or artist, ever.
- Martian Manhunter #1 (Rob Williams and Eddy Barrows)
- Empty Zone #1 Writer: Jason Shawn Alexander Art: Jason Shawn Alexander Cover: Jason Shawn Alexander
- Lazarus #17 (Greg Rucka and Micahel Lark)
- Low #7 Writer: Rick Remender Art: Greg Tocchini Cover: Greg Tocchini
- Southern Bastards #9 Writer: Jason Aaron Art: Jason Latour Cover: Jason Latour
- Trees #10 Writer: Warren Ellis Art: Jason Howard Cover: Jason Howard Thors #1 Writer: Jason Aaron Art: Chris Sprouse Cover: Chris Sprouse
- Astro City #24 (Kurt Busiek and Brent Eric Anderson): I'm cheating here, because I'll almost certainly buy the trade on this one after the experiment is over. I just like the book too much.