"The women of Bikini Kill let guitarist Billy Karren be in their feminist punk band, but only if he's willing to just "do some shit." Being a feminist dude is like that. We may ask you to "do some shit" for the band, but you don't get to be Kathleen Hannah."--@heatherurehere


Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Back Up Your Birth Control

We missed announcing the Day of Action, March 20th, to back up your birth control with Emergency Contraception. We suck.

Still, check out the Back Up Your Birth Control site. It's got lots of good information.

(Do I need to explicitly point out that men need to take an interest in birth control that goes beyond wearing condoms?)

2 comments:

saraeanderson said...

My husband reminds me to take my birth control pill - I really appreciate it.

Jeff Pollet said...

I think that's a great way for people to continually communicate about bc...if it's what both people want. One person I dated loved to have me do that, and though of it as thoughtful--though another thought of it as nagging and controlling. But within an agreement, it seems like a great thing to do.

Thanks for stopping by, Sara.